- Most important: pseudomonas has been discharged from hospital after his operation was successful. Yay.
- ploni_bat_ploni is still great. We had a nice evening together yesterday; I've been hiding from the world except on shabbat so it was a nice change to hang out together and be able to spend money.
- Not unrelatedly, my grant application is done and posted.
- Sweden has a national day for eating cinnamon buns, which falls next week.
- The Jewish community is being generally cool. I'm slightly dreading Yom Kippur but you're not exactly supposed to look forward to that!
- I'm coming to England for the weekend of 4th November so I can go to doseybat and compilerbitch's party. And finally break the hex which has been keeping me away from the Oakdale! I'm getting in stupidly late Thursday night and leaving mid-morning Monday, so if people want to see me, Friday is probably best. I'll likely be in Cambridge most of the time I'm not at the party.
Asked her for some happy news
Recently acquired: A second hand book stall appeared right in between my flat and work, and it ambushed me and somehow I ended up with Downbelow…
So two posts about terrible letters to agony aunts crossed my radar recently: oursin: Sexual bucket list WHAT?, and agonyaunt: Women…
Went to hear a talk about how different mutations in the same gene (to do with the semi-rigid network that holds cell nuclei together) can cause a…