- Most important: pseudomonas has been discharged from hospital after his operation was successful. Yay.
- ploni_bat_ploni is still great. We had a nice evening together yesterday; I've been hiding from the world except on shabbat so it was a nice change to hang out together and be able to spend money.
- Not unrelatedly, my grant application is done and posted.
- Sweden has a national day for eating cinnamon buns, which falls next week.
- The Jewish community is being generally cool. I'm slightly dreading Yom Kippur but you're not exactly supposed to look forward to that!
- I'm coming to England for the weekend of 4th November so I can go to doseybat and compilerbitch's party. And finally break the hex which has been keeping me away from the Oakdale! I'm getting in stupidly late Thursday night and leaving mid-morning Monday, so if people want to see me, Friday is probably best. I'll likely be in Cambridge most of the time I'm not at the party.
Asked her for some happy news
So I have received a letter to the following effect: Dear Dr [livredor] I am very pleased to let you know that the Senatus Academicus has…
My thesis is submitted. And before the deadline, even if only by a few hours. Thank you all so, so, so much for all the support and encouragement…
So. It's a little before half past nine at night. I've worked through pretty much solidly from 5 this morning. (I don't do all-nighters, not even…