Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already usedI'm not sure I'm capable of writing a list of pleasures that are both original and simple, so you might get slightly complicated pleasures, but then one of my greatest pleasures in life is exploring complexity in good company, so.
- When everything works optimally with my horrible commute home on Friday evening, and I get in a little after 11 pm when I'm not already exhausted, and my lovely husband is waiting for me with hugs and tea and we actually have an hour or so to chat about our weeks before falling into bed.
- Spending half an hour in a one-to-one meeting with a student and having a really clear sense that I've made a difference to them, whether it's listening to something that's bothering them or suggesting some techniques for more effective revision.
- Snuggling down into my bed when it's made up with new clean sheets, and enjoying the few minutes before I fall asleep remembering things about how the day's gone.
- Playing a board game where I have plenty of scope to think through my choices and moves.
- Having long rambling conversations about deep questions with interested people.
- Partners' children being really enthusiastically pleased to see me and giving me lots of hugs and telling me their news, or jumping on me and shrieking and dragging me physically to see what they're playing with or watching.
- Reading a thinky review or meta post on my d-roll that gives me new insight into fiction or the world.
- Excellent dessert, when I'm just exactly hungry enough for something sweet at the end of a meal.
- Coming across a really well set up plot twist or denoument in a book I'm reading and enjoying experiencing the author's skill through reading their words.
- Going to synagogue as a visitor and not being in charge of anything, somewhere with enthusiastic communal singing and a thinky sermon and where people pay attention to the Torah reading.
I'm following the example of the person I got this meme from and not tagging anyone, so you're welcome to propagate the meme or not, whatever suits you.
I prefer comments at Dreamwidth. There are currently comments there. You can use your LJ address as an OpenID, or just write your name.